Lovelace: Imaging Workstation
Named after Ada Lovelace (1815 - 1852), the world's first programmer and a British mathematician (Wikipedia de|en).
Lovelace is a powerful imaging workstation with several imaging programs installed.
This computer runs under Windows 10 64 bit. The following imaging software packages are installed:
- Imaris 7.6 and 8.2 from Bitplane
- SVI Huygens deconvolution software for confocal and widefield images
- Leica LASX offline version.
A description of these image packages is given on our Software Page.
- 256 GB RAM
- Intel Xeon CPU E5-2643 v4 @ 3.4 GHz
- 31 inch Monitor with 4096 x 2160 pixels
- Booting from SSD
- In 2021 the GPU was upgraded to a Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000 (Turing architecture) with 16 GB GDDR6. Parallel-processing CUDA cores: 3072; Tensor cores: 384; RT cores: 48.